I want you to vote for me on 7th May, safe in the knowledge that I have the skills, education and experience to deliver everything that I’m promising. So here’s a quick run down of my previous projects.
I am a social entrepreneur with 17 years experience in charity leadership, community development, place regeneration and policy development.
- I set up the regeneration project I Love Stockton Me and was involved in high street regeneration and supporting the Mary Portas Town Team project.
- I developed and secured city centre space for creative start ups and a graduate hub.
- I started a peoples’ media project We Are Our Media which created the citizen newspaper The Eclipse, giving ordinary people the skills and support to tell their stories and create their own news.
- I have worked on various policies and campaigns at a local, regional and national level, developing policy around industrial strategy, young people and work, mental health, addiction and sexual exploitation.
- I am an experienced communicator and writer, having written articles for various local, regional and national publications.
For nearly half of my life, I have been committed to bringing about change in people, places and in communities across the North East. A passionate champion of Teesside, I am interested in the rights and voices of women, young people and children, place regeneration, social enterprise, community empowerment, development, and social change. I have a degree in biomedical science from the University of Leeds and a Masters in Management from Durham University.